Oct 29, 2008

Doppleganger


Over at Artgasmchallenge.blogspot.com, Chris and I are doing a bunch of villian characters. This week's challenge was to conceive of a Hero's Doppleganger.



Here's my take on The Doppleganger:
The Hero is a telekinetic human, who's very much in charge of his abilities. I always figured, though, that if telekinesis really existed it would probably leave the person with some sort of mental handicap. Like, the brain just can't handle all that information. In a way, I'm thinking something similar to autism, where all the information is stored, but processing is difficult. Here, my villain has the telekinetic gifts, but he has almost no real control of them. I'm also thinking that if someone were to actually be telekinetic, their motor skills were be low or uncontrollable. I'm thinking that he lashes out in fits of rage over his circumstances, but is quite powerful. This is just a real quick sketch. Just wanted to get some attitude on paper. I'll have to fix the body and hands some, maybe add in some levitating object, like a car, in the background. It also sort of looks like Punk-rock Snair...which I wasn't really aiming for.




No comments: